01 - The challenge
02 - The solution
Areas where AWS can help:
- Recommendations: customise your shopping experience
- Forecasting: create accurate forecasting models
- Image and video analysis: add image and video analysis to your applications
- Document analysis: automatically extract text and data from millions of documents in just a few hours
- Voice: converts text into lifelike speech, so you can add voice to your applications
- Translation: increase your reach to a larger audience with efficient and cost-effective translation
- Fraud prevention: identify potentially fraudulent online activities based on technology used by Amazon.com
24/7 Managed Services
Although operation and support go hand in hand, ensuring the proper and efficient functioning of the system does not require 24/7 service, in contrast to support, whose failure-related tasks - troubleshooting, fault escalation, problem management, disaster prevention - require high availability due to their criticality. And of course, a 24/7 on-call support according to ITIL regulations requires at least 5 qualified support professionals due to the 3 shifts, vacations, and illnesses. And the majority of customers rarely have this number of employees, especially in the field of cloud-based computing, which is still new today but is emerging.
Migration Acceleration Program
The use of cloud computing and digitalization is a prerequisite for improving the efficiency of business operations, the ability to adapt to market changes, the development of elasticity agility and optimal cost structures.
SAP on AWS
SAP systems play a key role in the everyday processes of many companies worldwide. They require special hardware and extremely high availability being business-critical systems. With the introduction of the SAP HANA database and the retirement of SAP support for alternative databases, it will be essential for hundreds of companies to switch platforms in the next 5-10 years. However, this can be a risky project in a traditional environment because of the magnitude of hardware estimation, acquisition, and lifecycle tracking.